Friday, December 11, 2009

Are you tired of your favorite lipstick always becoming obsolete?

I find a good lipstick and next thing I know the name has changed. AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!Are you tired of your favorite lipstick always becoming obsolete?
You have no idea how many foul things I would like to say about cosmetics companies discontinuing my favorite lipstick colors. I am really still looking for a replacement for the one Loreal quit making on me about 10 years ago. I have it replaced, but I feel like it's just the closest thing instead of the right thing. Grrrrrr!!!!!!





And what really angers me about that one is that I KNOW it was hugely popular because I wore it for years and always had to go to multiple stores just to find it, as they were always sold out of that one color.Are you tired of your favorite lipstick always becoming obsolete?
OMG! I am so glad to hear that other people have this problem! With me, it was eyeliner! I used to wear this black eyeliner from Jordana called Color Xtend in Black Out. It was the blackest eyeliner ever and was waterproof...plus really cheap, 2 for $5. Then they discontinued it!!!! It was better than MAC's waterproof eyeliner and much cheaper...still upset about this as you can tell! LOL
No, because that is not part of my life, BUT, what I DO find discouraging, is some product I like being discontinued/ become obsolete after I try it and like it a lot !!! so, it is the same scenario, but, it has happened to different products, from BBQ sauce to shaving cream so frequently in the past decade, that I will buy two or three extra if I find something I really like....it is all about sales I suppose...... good luck little missy....what's for lunch? BLT(toasted) and fries?
You might want to look into Bobbi Brown cosmetics, I have never used them, but she claims that she never discontinues colors - so if you're looking for consistency they're definitely the brand to look towards.





Also, with MAC, a lot of the main line colors that are more popular (reds and neutrals) are at pretty much NO risk of ever being discontinued - this includes all of their Viva Glam line.
No, I never buy the same shade twice I like to change colors with what I am wearing and keep several different shade and brands That is the same thing I do with my lip gloss.





I guess I have just never found one I liked that well.





But, my mother has the same problem. And it drives her bananas. So if she buys one she does not like, she gives it to me and that is a lot of the time. Guess I do not have to buy many and do not know where she gets hers
I usually don't answer makeup questions. BUT YES!!!!! I had one called Ruby Slippers from Victoria's Secret and they no longer make it. It was perfect. :( So I use a q-tip to get it out of the bottom. lol. I tried to get a color that looked like it, but alas, it was not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph